Entry #4: The New Era
I've been thinking lately about how times have changed. How simply someone can become so famous. Before you had to go through so many obstacles to become famous and now you can get lucky, and upload a video, viral. It’s crazy to see that it is as easy as recording and uploading a simple video like you eating, your daily routine, dancing, etc. I feel like this new era is more advanced and yet they have no hard work ethic. Sometimes I wonder if it’s because of the power of social media that we have no manual labor workers. I find myself asking this question every day. I hear and see that there are not enough workers at hospitals, hotels, restaurants, department stores, etc. I mean people still have bills to pay and they still need money to eat and get around. Where are they? How is such a big population not out there working? Is it social media and all the apps out there where you can get paid and make more money, easily? As great as social media sounds for instance, how it made it easier for millions of people and cultures in the world to come together and support each other. I also feel like it has turned into something bad. Behind social media and what it has to offer, I’ve noticed that it has given this new generation higher risks for depression, anxiety, loneliness, self-harm, and even suicidal thoughts. Technology is here to stay and to get better and easier. As challenging as it is we need to learn to adapt to it and learn to communicate and change how these changes are affecting our new era.


.svg.png)
I feel like getting famous is so common now. I have a few friends that went viral on Tik tok and they were confused because they said they did nothing crazy.
ReplyDelete