Entry # 6 Parenting

 


Have you ever heard or tried to tell other parents how to raise their kids? Well, I just ran into that issue today and if you ask me I think that is rude and disrespectful. Everyone raises their kids as they please. Nobody has the right to judge a parent, under no circumstances. If you don’t agree, simply walk away. You don’t know what led to that incident and even if you did parents will raise their kids as they see fit. The diversity in our country makes it even more difficult because every culture is different. The beliefs of right and wrong differ from culture to culture to some extent. We're all adults and then we ask why there’s so much bullying going around with kids. We need to set an example to respect other people's ways of being. We are not to criticize anyone, especially a parent. As a parent of a 20-year-old, I can tell you that parenting is not easy. Thank god I never was criticized for my parenting but grew up with parents that were. So I would see both sides and I never felt that on any of the occasions it was okay to tell another parent what to do. In my case, I would only hear it from my husband and even then I would feel some sort of way he being the biological parent and parenting together was and is difficult at times. Many of our differences in parenting are based on the fact that we were both raised differently. Our way of life and perception was and continues to be different at times. But nobody else has any right to say anything if it’s not your child. So let’s all be courteous to one another.




Comments