Entry: #7 Fresh


Have you ever questioned yourself if what you eat is truly fresh?  I recently watched a film from 2009 called Fresh and it made me think about what we eat and where it comes from. It made me realize that we need to get together and take care of our environment for the sake of not only the water and the air we breathe but also the food that we eat. In the film you see farmers and businessmen talk about the production of the fresh food we eat. This film is informative for all people from all over the world and an eye-opener for some of us. They compare the fresh with the not-so-fresh food production that is out there and how organic is better.  


I never cared for organic or fresh food but after watching this film I realized that we should. It made me want to visit my nearest Farmers Market and enjoy some fresh produce. I would consider going organic but our economy makes it so difficult because they're much more expensive. Now I got a better understanding of why it cost so much more. In the film, you see how hard the farmers work and how much time they spend caring for the animals and paying close attention to their cultivation practices and the space needed to do so. It's wonderful to see the passion, patience, and dedication that the fresh farmers have in this video. At the beginning of the video, they show how cruel they treat the animals and how unsafe they are in taking care of our environment. At the same time hurting those farmers trying to crop organic produce. I understand the need we have to feed our population but we need to figure it out in a different way because to see and hear how it's being done honestly made my stomach turn. This video is very informative and I  recommend everyone to watch it.

Comments