Entry: #8 The Pandemic


This pandemic has been challenging for everyone with lots of unanswered questions. Have you ever wondered how fast the pandemic came and left? It did last 2 years but I feel like it started so rapidly and ended so suddenly. As a healthcare worker and seeing firsthand the enormous amount of people that it took as fast as it did seems so unreal like it never happened. Our hospital beds and hallways are flooded with really sick and ill patients. Now I look around as if all that was just a nightmare. It’s scary to see how our lives can drastically change in such a short time.  This Pandemic also demonstrated that we are not prepared for any health emergency or response. I can't help but think if it would happen again we would definitely not be prepared even more now. Ever since covid pandemic I feel like the need for workers has increased. Covid Pandemic forced us to adapt in many areas of our lives. After two years, the way we work, learn, shop, and life has changed.

Many of those changes are here to stay if whether it’s for good or bad. Our economy and society have taken a huge toll. Will we ever be able to recover from it all? Slowly I feel like in one way or another we are learning to live the new normal. But will life really go back to the way it used to be? One thing I'm certain of is that we need to work together to overcome this pandemic and be more ready for any crisis that we come across. I included a link to a great video of the impact of the pandemic on globalization. https://youtu.be/3a_Koq0XXJo


Comments