Entry: #9 The Excuses of Obesity
In today's world, we tend to make excuses. If either so we don't go out of our comfort level or so we don't take responsibility for our own actions. We live in a world where we expect everything to be quick and easy. In the illustration above the guy stating his problem is that restaurants have drive-throughs, and fitness centers don't while holding a hamburger in his hand. As a rule of thumb. Weight loss is typically 75 percent diet and 25 percent exercise. I've witnessed myself making excuses as well. While eating something unhealthy and complaining that I'm not losing weight or stating I don't have time to go workout as I'm laying on the couch scrolling social media on my phone. I think most of us have been there and done that. But we need to take responsibility for our life choices because it's not just hurting us but even so more the next generations.
We need to stop making excuses and not blame others for our own responsibility. Our actions resemble who we are. When someone feels defensive it's easy to blame others since it's a quick escape from guilt. It still doesn't help to blame others. Parents can affect their children's calorie intake and energy balance when it comes to childhood obesity by managing the home environment, offering support for education, and serving as role models for healthy behavior. We as parents are responsible for our children's life and health and while we have control of it we need to educate them for a better and somewhat healthier lifestyle.
.jpeg)
.jpeg)
Hi Diana, I like the image you used. It's true, that it's easy to get a burger through the drive thru and cheap. Though, when getting a gym membership, you have to sign papers and pay expensive monthly fees. I too, make excuses for myself. I want to be in the best shape of my life, yet I don't make any changes in my eating choices. Great blog entry!
ReplyDeleteHi diana, I agree that majority of the problem with obesity in the us is the mindset around losing weight it seems like no one wants to put in the effort even if it is super easy to do.
ReplyDelete