Entry #10. The Challenge
I can't believe this is my last blog post for this class. Oh, how I struggled! I'm not particularly creative, intelligent, or charismatic, so blogging was difficult and stressful for me. As a result, coming up with topics to write about was difficult and time-consuming. I struggled to organize my thoughts at first, but it seemed to get easier after a couple of blogs. Writing in general was difficult because not only is English my second language, but it has been 20 years since I graduated from high school and this was my first class since. Juggling school, work, and my family made it even more difficult. But, once I established a routine to fit everything into my schedule, I was able to become more organized, balance everything out, and get more done. I felt a sense of accomplishment during my week after I got into the swing of things at school, completing assignments and seeing my good grades, even if I was sometimes late on them. So I’ve decided to challenge myself a little more and I will be taking more classes next semester. As I progress through school, I wonder why I ever stop going to school. If I had only taken one class per semester, I would have gotten somewhere. Years of not going to school convinced me that I was too old for it. As a result, I strongly relate to the quote "It's never too late to become the person you could have been" -George Elliot. I also believe that everything has a purpose. I also started a family at the time, and my priorities were elsewhere. For now, I'm enjoying this new chapter of my life and can't wait to see how far I can push myself. For the time being, I'm ready to enjoy every second of my winter break from school, celebrate my favorite holiday, Christmas, and devote my full attention to my family before returning to school and ready for another semester. So, with that said, Happy Holidays!

Comments
Post a Comment