Entry EC: Food, Inc
I've recently been watching a bunch of videos and doing a lot of research on the foods that we eat. I'm concerned about how and where they're produced, especially after seeing the film Food, Inc. I don't know if I'm glad I know so many things about food or if I wish I hadn't. The visuals they chose to demonstrate the process was difficult to watch. In this film, Americans will learn where their food originates from and the value of being mindful of what they consume. They describe all the shady activities of these organizations to the audience, along with how they manage to escape them.
It's incredible to see how capitalism has impacted our country and created so much greed. The film includes an interview with Barbara Kowalcyk, who became a food safety advocate after her son died from Ecoli. Which are bacteria found in the environment, foods, and the intestines of humans and animals. It's heartbreaking that this mother lost her son because he ate hamburgers. This helpless baby was killed by food. It disgusts me that our government is failing to protect us. The level of corruption in our country is astounding.
The film also depicts a low-income family who, despite knowing that what they are eating is unhealthy, continue to eat it because it is less expensive and, at times, more convenient for them. It's disheartening to see how purchasing junk food is less expensive than purchasing healthy food, while the government does nothing but blame us, the consumers, for our poor health choices.
Additionally, I believed that consuming fruits and vegetables would be healthy before seeing the movie. I was mistaken. I had no idea how crucial organic was. Even though buying fruits and vegetables from the grocery store is better than eating fast food, it is not healthy because a lot of chemicals are still used to make them grow bigger and faster.
Also, before seeing the film, I thought fruits and vegetables were all healthy. I was wrong. I had no idea how significant organic was. When you buy fruits and vegetables at the grocery store, there are still a lot of chemicals used to make them grow bigger and faster; while this is preferable to eating fast food, it is still not healthy. It gave me hope to see how an organic farm showed shady corporations that they could change and still profit. Antibiotics and preservatives are unnecessary when an organic farmer can capture a sizable portion of the market.
This film did an excellent job of explaining the importance of watching what you eat while also exposing the corruption of the corporations that produce our food. It demonstrated that the only person who cares about your health is you, and that these CEOs only care about your money. This film did an excellent job of presenting the various perspectives of corporations and consumers in order to persuade you to make better food choices.

Comments
Post a Comment